Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lunch

Over the past couple of years I've gotten into the habit of going to Chipotle for lunch, almost every day. I love it. I always look forward to it and I always enjoy it.

I like getting out of the office for a while and the people there are nice so it's a bright point in my day. What's not so great is that each burrito is around 1,000 calories and costs about $10. Going 4 times a week adds up fast. I decided that this month I would make my lunch and bring it to work.

This week I made split pea soup and a loaf of bread. The peas cost about a dollar and the ham was around $4. Supposedly bread costs $1.50 to make at home so my lunch should cost $4.15 this week instead of $40. If I keep on track for the whole month I should save $143 and 10,000 calories.


I'm hoping that this is a small change that will be easy for me to implement and maintain. It will take some planning to get myself to the grocery store and to make time to cook but I think it will be worth it. 

I'm on my second day now and I was starving when I got home from work. I ran up the stairs to start making dinner. I might need to figure out a snack to get me through the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment